Saturday, January 26, 2013

Somber realizations

A tidel wave of good intentions
Covered up the signs he was in need of intervention.
Optimistic spirit, I refused to hear it-
The concerns of my worried friends.
Blinded by pride,
With the past on my side
I decided to give him another try.
Little did I know,
His motives would soon show.
Clear as a new spring sky,
What I discovered was enough to make me cry and stop to ask "why?"
He lived a charade,
Wouldn't stop until I played the same games.
Sad to see such a waste,
Hopefully next time I'll have better taste.

As soon as it ends,
My heart begins to mend.
Life is filled once again to the brim.
A simple decision,
One filled with righteous indignation
An action I pursue with timidity.
I won't lose my identity
For someone who only wants to steal broken pieces of me.
Sorry I didn't fit into your plan.
This time my life is all about God's hand.
No longer lost out at sea,
Refocus is key.
Someday I hope you will meet,
The person I'm choosing to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment