Saturday, January 5, 2013

Beauty from Ashes

A life full of pain
Unrelenting shame.
Unknowing and afraid,
I took my new place.
Embarked on an adventure
Knowing full well what was at stake.
Never understanding my faith
Why was I always alone
When all I wanted was to be known.
Starting again, making new friends
I thought it all might happen with them
Filling my time with men
So I don't have to think of Him.
If this was the plan,
Why can't I seem to see His hand?
My heart starts to mend,
I can see the sun shining around the bend.
I start to feel complete,
Surrounded with people who accept me.
Talking about faith,
Seeing curiosity start to take place.
I now see why I am running this race
It's so they might one day see His face.
It's an endless chase,
The one leading to eternity's gates.
One day I will see beauty from pain.
Salvation from shame.

1 comment: