Saturday, January 12, 2013

Memories Awakening

Memories are the bits and pieces that make up the entirety of who we are.
My memories are constant, sporadic reminders of the remnants of my past,
And the whispers of my present, ever constant ebb of endless joy.
A constant memory creeps among my busy brain.
It causes me to feel sorrow and makes me want to exclaim.
A quiet whisper from somewhere deep in my soul.
"What makes you truly feel alive? Do you know what makes you whole inside?"
The answer is a list, a list of infinite bliss.
Pieces of me, snippets of my soul.
A collection of words, strung together with prose,
Someone who offers me a hand to hold,
Laughter to prevent a day from getting old,
Friends who know every inch of my shame and make me recognize the beauty in my name,
A God whom will always be the same, regardless of any mistakes I might have made.
I am thankful for the whisper's yearnings,
Anxious for a reminder of the things that envelop me,
Awaken the innermost pieces of my inner self.
The parts of me I'm unable to put upon a shelf,
Those fragments of myself impossible to put on hold for someone else.
My memories are the ever-changing melody describing the person I have become.
Memories remind me of the snippets of my soul,
The private interactions which make me feel in sync.
A list, a list of infinite bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment