Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Loneliness. (Not the bad kind)

Recently, I've begun discovering that it is okay to be alone. I find no greater joy than when I'm listening to Lana del Rey and wracking my brain for inspiration in order to continue writing my latest novel. I am learning that there are seasons of life when we are not meant to be with someone else.

Sometimes it takes being alone to realize the depths of who you really are.

I used to fear loneliness. I used to run from it with every fiber of my being, constantly craving the presence of another individual to help me escape from the messy parts of myself. Instead of developing my own identity, I belonged to whatever person was around me at that moment.

But not anymore. I have made peace with every bit of myself. I have finally given myself a very precious gift: TIME. I am capturing every moment, and utilizing it. I am discovering what makes me happy, and refusing to waste any second of life on people and things that make me sad. I am captivated by the very idea that I am learning the art of selfishness-not to the extent that others are hurt, simply because being selfish is so important sometimes in order to satisfy one's soul.

It's okay to be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment