Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Choices

Growing up and becoming an adult, one always has choices to make. A choice whether to trust someone or be filled with doubt. Choices to go out with friends or stay home by oneself. A choice to fall in love or guard your heart.

Very rarely do we catch a glimpse as to What Might Have Been had certain decisions not been made. Today, I was fortunate enough to become enveloped with my past. I saw former friends and lovers. I walked the same hallways which shaped the person I have become. I mingled with trusting adults who are anxious as to uncover the inner workings of my soul. 

And I wondered. 

It left me breathless-curious as to what my future might have become had I not made the one (seemingly) simple decision during my junior year to change high schools. 

Choices have consequences, but we often choose to ignore them. We like to bury our head in the present instead of mulling over the past. Today, I was not given that option. For the first time, it feels as if my past is finally becoming interspersed with my present future. 

Therefore, I head you with a warning: choose wisely. One decision could have irreparable consequences, it could leave you with a different future. For one choice could reshape your tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment