Saturday, September 14, 2013

Always

Will my soul always feel this flighty,
Like a bird which yearns to be set free.
A wandering girl searching for purpose in the wind?
Will I always like to wonder,
Entice my mind with snippets of knowledge?
Will I always crave adventure,
Run towards it at a dizzying speed and
Embrace it, clutch it, taste it.
Will I always have this desire,
A hot flame gnawing at the purest parts of me,
Ensuing forbidden thoughts that no one else can see?
Will I always have a fear,
Fear of never fitting in.
Fear of missing out.
Fear of spiraling down.
Will I always have this need,
A dark, empty hole scorching the inner piece of me?
Will I always turns to
I will always.
I will always be drunk off the sound of my own laughter.
I will always love the feeling of the wind through my hair.
I will always run through fields with reckless abandon.
I will always hunger for answers to life's burning questions.
I will always love passionately and fully.
I will always find solace in penning my thoughts onto paper.
I will always be Katy, I will always be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment