Sunday, May 12, 2013

A battered soul with a hopeful spirit

She spends her days
Reflecting on her ways-
How and what she could change.
A life full of pain,
A smile carved to conceal the pain.
She wakes up and lives out her fate,
Singing songs of hope
And wiping tears off a little girl's face.
As the girl grows up,
She wonders how she could be so tough.
Fighting battles for her daughter
Who couldn't do much
To stop the bullies from being rough.
Her life may seem the same,
But to that little girl it's not a game.
Her momma receives all pride and joy.
The little girl is not ashamed,
To wake up everyday and face her momma's rain. 
The girl remains the same
Yet starts to rapidly change.
Not so little anymore, 
She glimpses her mother once more.
Swallows her adolescent pride,
And decides to tell her mother the reasons she shouldn't hide.
You're so much more than you've been settling for.
You're someone I will forever adore.
You're someone willing to explore.
You taught me how to implore,
Question the universe and find what's in store.
You're one of a kind-
No one else could ever be so sublime.
You're funny to be around-with you I don't have to hide.
You're worth more weight in gold than I could ever buy.
I love you mom and I'm trying to tell you why...
Keep holding on,
I know your rope is thin
But I couldn't even imagine this life
Without you by my side.


No comments:

Post a Comment