Monday, March 4, 2013

A Battered Soul

Impossible to be cheerful,
with my inner voice constantly giving me an earful.
Others words haunt my every thought,
Teach me more than I ever needed to be taught.
Like the fickleness of a simple human heart,
The way it's better to cut them off before it starts.
A state of numb making a way through my pounding brain,
Will I ever be able to truly live again?
These names-these voices are all I hear.
I would give anything to avoid their sneers.
A constant barrage of mere human invention,
Masked with pure evil intention.
Labels like "worthless" and "cheap" and "crazy" oh my,
When I hear these words something inside me wants to fly.
An incessant repeating of these painful phrases,
Instead of crying out, I start to feel weightless.
"You'll never be anything more" they cry,
Driving me crazy with their staggering lies.
Unable to shake their weight this time,
Maybe it's time to find truth to these claims.
Each line, one stride closer to my inner demise.

No comments:

Post a Comment